The following is an example of treatment of one of these scars:
- To locate the hypertrophic scar in the early stages using light devices to close the vessels.
- Next would be to freeze the lesion with cryotherapy. This is very important in the active phases of these scars.
- The following step would be the injection of intralesional substances such as 5-fluorouracil into the scar so as to lreduce its activity.
After several sessions with light devices, cryotherapy, 5-fluorouracil injections, we would then manage to make the scar lose its activity and then carry out the treatment with the latest in fractional lasers (Frax 1550) for several sessions to achieve its aesthetic improvement.
Currently we know that the earlier the treatment of scars is carried out, the better will be the cosmetic result and, at HC Hospitales, we have the best possible devices to achieve improvement in the shortest possible time.
The best technology in the best possible hands. The Head of the unit at HC Marbella Laser Unit is Dra. Marta Frieyro, specialist in dermatology and venereology, also dermatological lasers.
Personalized evaluation and attention is applied in each case.
The initial consultation will include:
- Evaluation of the patient
- A dermatoscopic study of the skin to avoid any contraindication.
- Assessment of suitability of the treatment, determining what is best for the individual patient.
- Recommendations before and after the treatment.
Unity is strength
- IPL, Intense Pulsed Light, is the most complete of the Ellipse Nordlys systems. It is the most versatile light device on the market. It is used to resurface the face, neckline and hands, also to treat blemishes and redness.
- Frax 1550 by Ellipse Nordlys, The latest in fractional lasers for the treatment of stretch marks, scars and non-ablative resurfacing.
- CO2 Fractional Laser by INTERmedic.This is best for stretch marks, postsurgery or traumatic scars, total or partial aging of the skin of the face.