• 11 oz. dried apricots
• 1 pork loin
• 6 clove garlic
• 2 1/2 tbsp. fresh chopped rosemary
• 1 1/2 c. low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
• Freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan over mediumhigh heat, bring apricots and 1/2 cup water to a boil. Remove from heat and let sit until water is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Using a long thin knife, cut a 1 1/2-inch-wide slit through the centre of the pork loin lengthwise. Insert a wooden spoon handle and widen the opening. In a small bowl, mix apricots, half the garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Pack the mixture into the opening
- The pork loin at 1 1/2-inch intervals with 10- to 12-inch lengths of kitchen twine.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Using a mortar and pestle, grind together chopped rosemary, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon of pepper to a coarse rub. Mix in remaining garlic and rub all over the pork loin.
- Place the pork loin in a medium roasting pan fitted with a rack and roast for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and pour broth over the pork loin. Return to oven and continue to roast, basting every 15 minutes, until the meat’s internal temperature reaches 150 degrees F, up to 1 more hour.
- Transfer the roast to a wire rack to rest for 20 minutes before slicing. Garnish with rosemary sprigs. Meanwhile, strain pan juices into a gravy boat (reheat juice in a small saucepan over low heat if necessary).