|Sheffield Home Sheffield Contact Business Directory Make Sheffield my Home Page||Sunday, 21st September 2014|
|Web Express Guide Sheffield Edition||No. 27 September 2005|
The Designers Republic and Ian Anderson
Every designer with a sound mind knows about TDR. When we got an opportunity to chat to the man behind TDR - Ian Anderson, we simply couldn't give it a miss.
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself?
I eat berries.
2. Could you tell us a little bit more about the Brain Aided Design exhibition that took place in August 2005?
It’s a site-specific, mini-retrospective shrine to The Designers Republic featuring reworks, remixes and remodels of two decades of Brain Aided Design reformatted on 2x1m banners, framed rare original prints of classic and unseen work and 3D collectibles.
3. What is the main influence at TDR?
There’s no hierarchy of influence. Everything has value.
4. A lot of people are known to copy the style of TDR. How does that feel? Does this infuriate or flatter you?
Someone taking inspiration from our work for their own, or moving our ideas forward in the context of their own original concept is exciting. Someone imitating our style because they are too stupid or lazy to do something of their own is sad; especially when they have been given a voice but miss the opportunity to say something for themselves. That clients will pay them to do it is criminal.
5. From your point of view, what are the main qualities a designer should have?
A well exercised brain and an eye to ask the question ‘why’.
6. The portfolio at TDR is extensive. Do you have any favourite projects?
Favourites are not applicable.
7. And for the question that is on every designer's mind - What inspires you personally?
The chance to make a difference.
8. What is the future for TDR?
If I knew we’d be there already.
9. And lastly, could you share some fundamental design tips with our readers?
Think For Yourself.
Candid and curt - And we love every bit of it! With thanks to MK Communications, Sheffield.
Other related businesses:
Like what you see?
Your customers could too!
Advertise your business online
|Home | Contact | What is Web Express Guide? | Sitemap||© Web Express Guide 2014|