I dont have enough room here to explain about the history of Gazpacho but needless to say it was another Roman gift.
There are other regional variations of this dish including, Green Gazpacho, Salmorejo and even modern ideas like Oriental Gazpacho. Ajo Blanco is a white Gazpacho thought to be invented by the Moors.
- 300 grams of bread
- 600 grams of fresh tomato
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 onions
- 2 red and green peppers
- 1 cucumber
- 7 tablespoons of good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of water
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and leave to marinade in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Using a hand blender or food processor thoroughly blend the mixture and pass through a fine sieve.
- Chill again and for better results leave overnight in the fridge.
- When serving dice some peppers, onion, cucumber and bread and heap into the soup with a glug of olive oil and enjoy.
You can also have it as a drink without the garnish and also serve it with ice cubes and why not splash some chilli sauce into it for that extra kick.