- 2 to 3 cucumbers, pared & thinly sliced
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 (8 oz; 200 g) pkg. softened cream cheese
- loaf of thinly sliced white bread
- Dill weed for garnish
- Combine cream cheese and butter and spread over each slice of bread.
- Top with layers of cucumbers and sprinkle with dill.
- Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles and serve.
FOR THE PIMMÂ’S CUP
- 2 oranges, cut into half-moons
- 2 lemons, cut into half-moons
- 1 Persian cucumber or one 3-in.-long piece English cucumber, washed and sliced
- 2 cups PimmÂ’s No. 1
- 4 cups Sprite or other lemon-lime soda
- 6 to 8 large sprigs mint, crushed gently, plus a few loose leave
Fill 2 pitchers 1/4 full with ice. To each, add a layer of orange slices, a few lemon slices, and a layer of cucumber slices. Repeat the layering. Pour in the PimmÂ’s and Sprite, dividing between pitchers, and mix with a long-handled spoon. Poke mint sprigs and leaves down into drink. Divide drink among 8 tall glasses, with a few slices of fruit and cucumber in each glass, along with some mint leaves.