Trout is one of the most flavoursome fresh-water fish and it has a well deserved reputation for quality. Whichever way you may decide to cook your trout, it will always be a pleasant experience for you and your guests, unless of course you forget to remove it from the fire and burn it. Here is one idea for preparing fresh seasonal trout that is quite easy to do.
- 2 trout fillets
- Flour for coating
- 1 Cup of milk
- 2 oz. (56 grs.) butter
- 2 oz. (56 grs.) olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper the fillets to taste before dipping in milk and then dredge in flour to form an even thin coating.
- Heat a mixture of oil and butter in a shallow pan and sauté the fish until lightly browned, turning once
- Once on the plate add a dash of lemon juice and a generous drizzle of melted butter immediately before serving to make for a delicious garnish.
- Spinach, sautéed potatoes, mash, French fries make some suitable side vegetables.