The designers for Maaji have been creating swimsuits for young women since 2002. With eclectic creations and innovative cuts, the new collection is full of movement, color and unconventional shapes, designed especially for trendy and modern women who like to experiment with fashion. For Maaji, every single detail of the garment is important. Their commitment to generating products of excellent quality, design, and innovative technology is illustrated in the Colombian companys creations. Their secret ingredient is the mixture of colors, forms, silhouettes, and textures. The result: a unique product. The modern 2008 swim collection was inspired by the pinup girl look, very relevant to runway trends for this season.
SUMMER MAKE-UP TRENDS
Need to spice up your make-up routine? We asked MAC artist Nicole Hodges to forecast the five hottest make-up trends to take from the catwalk to the street.
- Brow beating. Put down those tweezers and get set for a brow revolution. Sexy, powerful brows were walking the catwalk at Emilio Pucci and Antonio Berardi and this major beauty trend made its way to Rrosemount Australia Fashion Week at Kirrily Johnson, says Hodges. Straight, thick brows are here to stay. Make this look your own by going one shade darker than your natural colour when defining your brows.
- Naked ambition. Heading into summer, its no surprise to see a return to minimal make-up. Sweet, innocent and youthful, impeccable skin was the focus at Just Cavalli and Isabelle Marant. Healthy, glowing skin took centre stage with dimly-lit eye make-up and gently nuded-out lips, says Hodges. A sheer coverage foundation is best, then dab a cream blush on to the apples of the cheeks. Dab it on lips as well. The look is pure and beautiful ... just as you are!
- Colour my world Make-up ... boring? Not this summer! Ggrab your brushes and get creative. At Moschino, Cheap and Chic and Frankie Morello, the look was bold and artistic. Beware of overdoing this trend for the everyday, and just focus on one feature at one time ... like the retro pink lips as seen at Hervè Legèr, says Hodges.
- Seventease ... Eyes are a modern take on the 70s disco classic no heavy glitter, but a splash of metallic colour to add a touch of bling. At Tuleh, Collette Dinnigan and J Mendel, metallic golds and chocolates added luminosity to the eyes, says Hodges. Create instant luxe with a little gold pigment and define the outer corners with a touch of copper colour.
- Luscious lips. The just-bitten lip-stained look is the hottest trend to come out of autumn/winter 2008. Rrich lips were all over the catwalk at Chloe, Ggiles and DSquared. Teamed with soft cheeks and delicately defined eyes, the mood was sexy but not overdone, says Hodges. Seriously vamp up your look with a light application of lippie, then blot with a tissue to create a stain-like effect that will last all day.