These are usually done in the bride's color theme and her favorite flower-shape, etc. They are very easy to do. You only need one single mold of each shape. There are many shapes to choose from. You can make these ahead and freeze them.
200 mints (Allow 3 pounds of mints per 100 people)
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). bag of confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 tsp butter flavoring
- 1/4 tsp peppermint oil (or 1 tsp extract) - oil is nicer
- Leave butter at room temperature until soft.
- Heat cream until warm.
- Mix all ingredients by hand. It will be stiff, so you may have to use hands to knead until smooth.
- Add color as desired and continue to mix by kneading.
- Press into mint molds to form.
- Remove from forms.
- Place on waxed paper. Let set overnight to dry.
- Turn and let other side dry. Store in covered container. These keep a long time, and freeze well.