Ingredients for the sauce:
2 onions: 1 brown, 1 white
1 glove of garlic
2 celery sticks
300 gr. boiled lean
300 gr. lean pork
100 gr. of chicken
4 chicken hearts
1/2 litre of milk
extra virgin olive oil
a bit of cinnamon
pulp of 4 tomatoes
a sage leaf
a bay leaf
Ingredients for the Béchamel Sauce:
1.5 litre of milk
salt and pepper
50 gr. butter
200 gm. plain flour
PREPARATION of the sauce:
1. Finely chop the onion, garlic, leek, celery and parsley. Lightly fry them in the oil with the sage, bay leaf and rosemary. Once the vegetables are browned remove the herbs.
2. Finely mince the meat. Add the meat to the vegetables and cook the combined ingredients for a further 20 minutes.
3. Add the tomato pulp, milk and a bay leaf and continue cooking the sauce over a medium heat for approximately 2 hours.
PREPARATION of the béchamel sauce:
4. Bring 1 litre of milk to the boil. Put 1/2 litre of cold milk into a separate saucepan and slowly add the flour (stirring continuously to avoid lumps), grated nutmeg and salt.
5. Put the saucepan containing the cold milk mixture over a medium heat and stir constantly until it begins to thicken. Add the boiling milk and butter and allow the sauce to thicken for a further 5 mins reducing the heat to low.
6. Cook the lasagne in a saucepan of salted boiling water.
7. Cover the base of a greased baking dish with a thin layer of meat sauce, then add a layer of béchamel sauce, and a layer of lasagne. (You can also add some Parmesan cheese.) Repeat this process until all the ingredients have been used, finishing off with dobbs of butter on the top.
8. Cook the lasagne in a preheated oven for 1/2 hour at 180°.