HEALTH & WELL BEING Article
Protection from Fuit
Summer fruits and their many benefits.
- A good source of iron.
- Excellent for most skin and respiratory conditions.
- Dried apricots are good for constipation and fluid retention.
- High in Beta-carotene which the body converts to vitamin A.
- Ripe, fresh apricots are great for those who are at higher risk of getting cancer.
Nectarines and Peaches:
- Good for pregnant women.
- A great and gentle laxative.
- Useful for those with High Cholesterol
- Dried peaches are good for those with fatigue and anaemia.
- Both are best eaten raw and ripe (and washed!).
- Best eaten when they are fresh, cooked or bottled.
- A good diuretic
- Good for the joints
- Excellent for Cancer protection as they contain ellagic acid which inhibit carcinogenic cells.
- Contain vitamin C and contain next to no sodium (salt).
Honeydew Melon and Watermelon:
- Cooling & delicious for hotter days ...
- Watermelon seeds are a good treatment for urinary infections (kidney & bladder problems) The seeds are simmered in water for 30 minutes to make a tea...
- Are a great gentle laxative.
- Are best eaten raw and on their own as they ferment rapidly in the stomach.
- Are excellent for cancer protection.
- They help eliminate uric acid from the body which can cause joint irritation (great for arthritis).
- They help to eliminate cholesterol.
- They are highly effective against heart & circulatory disease.
- Contains more than a day's requirement of Vitamin C.
- Have nearly half a day requirement of Vitamin E.
- Contain Postassium, Iron and Nicotinic Acid.
- Great for Skin problems, convalescence and cancer protection.
Other related businesses