Bearing in mind that everything we write is permanently stored on our website, we feel it is important to look back periodically at the reviews that we have submitted and highlight any changes. Some restaurants may have closed, others may have changed.
regretfully the following restaurants have closed:
- Gemojo in Puerto La Duquesa
- Cortijo Los Canos in Pueblo Nuevo de Guadiaro
- The Rainbow Room in Torreguadiaro (relocating)
- Connoisseur Club in Estepona
We are particularly sorry to lose the Connoisseur Club and the Rainbow Room
(in alphabetical order)
- Amanhavis Hotel Restaurant, Benahavis is till providing a high quality innovative cuisine, using resh local produce, in a rural environment.
- Barlovento, Torreguadiaro a long established estaurant known for its Spanish cuisine and in particular fresh fish.
- Flahertys in Puerto de Sotogrande where you can have a good restaurant meal in an environment reminiscent of home and an atmosphere of a real Pub as opposed to bars and pub imitations.
- Foxs in Sabinillas for excellent value English food.
- Kamakura San Roque Club Definitively Japanese food, in a proper Japanese environment, excellent value for original, true Japanese cuisine.
- Kempinski Hotel, Breakfast Room, Estepona, still the best place for a Sunday brunch or a business breakfast.
- Passage to India in Puerto de la Duquesa, an established restaurant providing excellent original Indian cuisine in the true sense of the word and with magnificent views of the Puerto.
- The Portugal Restaurant, Estepona, providing good original Portuguese food and wines; this is a new restaurant but its success relies on the continuity of quality and value.
- Slow Boat to China in Puerto de la Duquesa, an established restaurant in a prime location with views of the Puerto; Probably one of the best Chinese restaurants on the Costa for quality and value.
- The Tunnel in Gibraltar is not to be missed when in Gib. for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It is even worth a special trip to Casemates Square.
MUST TRY HARDER!
Vecchia Milano in Puerto de la Duquesa, this one seems to have lost its fl avour, and atmosphere, as well as the value for money aspect. Not terribly inviting.