by Helga Kistenich
When your brain functions correctly, you have the ability to think clearly, to imagine, to sense, to dream or to feel. It is your brain that makes you who you are. If it is not working right you can feel flat, unhappy, confused or forgetful - life becomes a foggy struggle.
This mere 3 pounds made up of mostly fat and water is not only the most complex and mysterious part of us, it also is the most regenerative, hardwiring a new neural connection every minute and the most energy-expensive. On a quiet day your brain will consume as much as 40% of all the calories you eat, thinking an estimated 60.000 thoughts.
Check yourself; try the mind and memory check:
Score 1 for each ticked answer
- Do you find it hard to concentrate and often get confused?
- Do you sometimes meet someone you know quite well but cant remember their name?
- Do you often find you can remember things from the past but forget what you did yesterday?
- Do you ever go looking for something and forget what you are looking for?
- Do your friends and family thin youre getting more forgetful now than you used to be?
- Do you find it hard to add up numbers without writing them down?
- Do you play with yourself?
- Do you often experience mental tiredness?
- Do you find it hard to concentrate for more than one hour?
- Do you often misplace your keys?
- Do you frequently repeat yourself?
- Do you sometimes forget the point youre trying to make?
- Does it take you longer to learn things than it used to?
If your score is:
- Below 5: You dont have a major problem memory problem but youll find that supplementing natural mind and memory boosters will sharpen you up even more.
- 5 to 10: Your memory definitely needs a boost - you are starting to suffer form brain drain. Follow all diet and supplement recommendations we are making.
- More than 10: You are experiencing significant memory decline and need to do something about it. As well as following the recommendations here, see a doctor for special treatments. Age-related memory decline or mild cognitive impairment, as it is often called, is a long way from dementia or Alzheimers and there is no guarantee that one will lead to another.
- Control what you eat. Fresh and detoxify food.
- No smoking
- Drink water, 3 litres per day
- Train your mental agility: crossword, learning phone numbers and poems by heart, etc.
- Read a newspaper every day, watch TV and talk about this with others
- Do some sport, slowly but regularly
- Take a walk every day by the sea, woods, etc.
- If you are over 45 years old, start to take nutrients (Vitamins Minerals, fatty acid etc.) (EUROMEDSOL have worked out special brain treatments)
- Have a check of your brain functions and your blood once a year.
- Stay on to be a active person in business and partnership.
Dr. Helga is a fully qualifi ed Psychotherapist and Nutrient Specialist and Dr. Hans Kistenich is always available for any other needs.