How about this for a local recipe which actually originates from the provinces of Granada and Malaga using wonderful tropical produce (Serves 4-6) :
- 1 mango
- 1 Kiwi
- 1 Avocado
- 3 anchovies, rinsed if tinned
- 1 apple
- 2 slices of smoked salmon
- 1 piece of fresh soft cheese, like Mozzarella
- Miel de caña (Sugar cane honey)
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Spanish sweet paprika or cinnamon for decoration
- Peel all fruit, then slice as indicated below.
Slice the mango at the widest part of the fruit, into 6-8 slices. Slice the kiwi about a ¼ inch thick. Cut the apple into ¼ inch slices. Slice the avocado in half lengthwise, then peal it and slice lengthwise into1/8 inch pieces and open into a fan.
- Keep a slice of each fruit to make the vinaigrette.
- Cut the cheese into small slices to place on the salad or around the platter
- Slice the anchovies into 2-3 pieces each and the smoked salmon into several pieces. Make the pieces small enough for people to help themselves.
- Place the reserved fruit into a food processor, add olive oil, vinegar and a pinch of salt to taste. It should be about the consistency of canned tomato sauce.
- Place the mango in the centre and the rest of the fruit and cheese around. Put the pieces of salmon and anchovies on top.
- Finally, top with the slices of mango.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and the plate