A genuine Italian recipe that is so versatile it can be served on its own as a snack; with a salad garnish as a starter; with a bowl of soup for lunch or with couscous as a vegetarian main course. For non vegetarians it can be served with thinly sliced Serrano ham draped on top.
Ingredients per serving:
- 1 Slice of good quality bread like Ciabatta
- A handful of Ripe Cherry Tomatoes chopped
- Garlic Butter
- Half teaspoon of dried oregano
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Pinch of salt.
- Brush the bread with the garlic butter and place under a grill for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and cover with the chopped tomatoes.
- Dust with dried oregano, salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Return to grill and leave for 5-7 minutes.
- Served warm with a salad garnish or a warm bowl of soup.