500g/1lb 1oz Pre Cooked Butter beans
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 banana shallot, peeled, finely chopped
125g/4½oz spicy chorizo (picante), cut into thin slices
1 tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
4 pork chops
2 garlic cloves, peeled, finely sliced
8 piquillo peppers sliced
2 tbsp sherry vinegar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp Spanish smoked paprika
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. Cook the Butter beans in a pan of boiling water for 12-15 minutes, or until tender. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the shallot and chorizo for 2-3 minutes, or until the shallot is soft
and oil is released from the chorizo.
4. Add the cooked butter beans to the pan and, using a the back of a fork roughly crush the beans. Stir in the chopped parsley and keep warm.
5. Meanwhile, heat an ovenproof griddle pan until hot. Rub one tablespoon of the oil over the pork chops and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer to the oven to roast for a further 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through.
6. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and fry the garlic for 30 seconds. Add the pepper and asparagus and cook for a further two minutes.
7. Deglaze the pan with the vinegar and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.